Calgary is a dynamic city with picturesque prairie landscapes and a vibrant and bustling City centre. Calgary offers all of the energy of a large metropolitan city with the warm and welcoming spirit of a connected community.
From getting wild at the zoo to going back in time at Heritage Park to turning up the volume at Studio Bell – Calgary has it all. Check out the videos to see where the locals go for patio pints, vintage shopping or to ride the world’s longest luge track. And for more ideas and inspiration, visit the Calgary Tourism website https://www.visitcalgary.com/visitor-guide .
Visitor Guides & Maps
Start planning your next trip to Calgary with these helpful resources from Tourism Calgary and other organizations.
- Download the Tourism Calgary Visitor Guide https://issuu.com/redpointmedia/docs/tourismcalgary_vg21?fr=sOTgzYjQwOTc1MzI
- Download the Tourism Calgary Mini Map https://www.visitcalgary.com/sites/default/files/2020-01/2020%20mini%20map_vc.com%20upload.pdf
- Get The App https://wherecalgary.ca/download-the-app/
Find your next great adventure with the “Where Calgary” mobile app! The Where Calgary mobile app is your complete guide to everything to see and do in Calgary, including local dining, activities, attractions, shopping, transportation, and more.
As will all activities and outings, it is important to review COVID-19 Traveller Updates prior to visiting any location. https://www.visitcalgary.com/covid-19-traveller-update
Indigenous Experiences in and Around Calgary
Choose your tailored experience from group climbing adventures, rappelling, multi pitch climbing, and heli-hiking with Girth Hitch Guiding. Learn about Indigenous history from a local Indigenous guide at Many Chief Tours. Discover local made, authentic, traditional Native artwork from artists across Canada including art, jewellery, clothing, and footwear at Moonstone Creation.
Activities/Things to Do:
Calgary is home to an exciting collection of attractions that will spark your imagination and get your heart racing. From the wild side of the Calgary Zoo to the sky-high views of the Calgary Tower, Calgary has tons of fun things to do for an experience you will never forget.
Calgary Tourism’s What’s On Event Calendar showcases events happening in and around Calgary. Here’s what’s happening from June 16th – 20th:
Arts and Culture
Imagine a night at the theatre, a museum tour, or an evening of classical music. Calgary’s arts and culture scene is thriving, thanks to a diverse collection of theatre companies, the world-renowned Philharmonic Orchestra, innovative galleries and museum exhibitions, diverse dance performances, and vibrant community spaces like cSPACE King Edward. Artists, creators, and actors are ready to welcome you for new experiences everyone can enjoy. Get ready to discover the best museums and art galleries, live theatre, classical music, and dance experiences available in Calgary.
Must Try Food Experiences in Calgary
Over the last decade or so, Calgary has become a city that’s embraced its independent restaurants. There are a handful of places that really scream “Calgary” and naturally fall onto the “must taste” list for many visitors. This list considers taste and uniqueness.
- Food Favourites: https://www.visitcalgary.com/things-to-do#/1666/eat–drink
- “Life In Calgary” notes that the city is receiving increasing national exposure for it’s impressive dining scene, Calgary’s diverse culinary scene is rapidly growing to deliver new flavours. There are many great restaurants and bistros to suit any tastebuds. This site includes craft breweries, nightlife, events and more https://www.lifeincalgary.ca/todo/dining-nightlife
- Nightlife: https://www.nightflow.com/calgary-nightlife/
Whether you want to go clubbing or if you’d like a more laid-back dinner and drinks with a view, “NightFlow” has got your covered.
Learn more about Calgary’s living heritage by exploring their mapped-out Inventory of Evaluated Historic Resources. Each entry has been evaluated by Heritage Calgary according to the Council-approved policy. Map of heritage plaques, heritage building information, and self-guided walking tours are also available of historic Inglewood, Cliff Bungalow-Mission, Warehouse District and Chinatown neighborhoods of Calgary. Find the self-guided itineraries online along with a digital map of over 800 properties on the inventory of evaluated historic resources.
Ten Iconic Buildings to see in Calgary
- The Calgary Tower
- Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre
- Central Library
- TELUS- Sky
- The Bow Building
- Historic City Hall
- Peace Bridge
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- University of Calgary Downtown Campus
- cSPACE King Edward
Museums and Culture:
According to Trip Advisor some of the 10 best museums in Calgary are:
- The Glenbow
- Studio Bell
- Gasoline Alley
- Telus Spark Science Centre
- The Hangar Flight Museum
- Bow Habitat Station and Sam Livingston Fish Hatchery
- Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame
- Esker Foundation
- Tsuu T’ina Culture Museum
- Calgary Space Port
Check out these Iconic Shopping Areas
According to “Life in Calgary” Calgary has a number of walkable shopping districts with boutiques, quaint shops, chic fashions and numerous hidden treasures waiting to be found. Areas to check out include:
- Downtown Calgary has a number of great shopping centres and 3,000 individual businesses in a 120-block area
- Fourth Street in Mission has been called the “living room of the community” and has several home décor and fashion stores
- Inglewood is a historic community with local boutiques, design stores and antiques
- International Avenue is Calgary’s culinary and cultural capital with diverse range of restaurants to choose from
- Kensington is an inner-city shopping district lined with hip stores and cafés
- Marda Loop is an area in southwest Calgary with over 130 businesses and services
- 17th Avenue is Calgary’s retail and entertainment district
- Victoria Park is an up-and-coming revitalized shopping area south of downtown core
Fifteen One Of A Kind Places To Shop In Calgary : Https://Www.Todocanada.Ca/15-One-Of-A-Kind-Places-To-Shop-In-Calgary/
Check out one of a kind places like the Chocolate Lab, Reid’s Stationers, Market Collective, Villekula Handmade, Lukes Drug Mart, Ninth and Brick, Recess, Silk Road Spice Merchant, Farmers and Makers Market at cSpace and many more .
For Even More Shopping This Site Has Shops For All Styles And Tastes: https://www.visitcalgary.com/things-to-do#/1681/shopping
Top tours in and around Calgary Tours are a great way to experience a destination and the perfect way to get a local’s perspective on the history, food, and culture of a city. Enjoy the convenience of a tour bus, the freedom of a bicycle, or the adventure of motorcycle sidecars on these guided tours in and around Calgary. Let experienced guides and tour operators do the planning and explore everywhere from downtown Calgary and Banff to Dinosaur Provincial Park and Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump. Find the tour that is right for you as you explore Calgary and beyond.
Please ensure you verify the status of all activities and refer to our COVID-19 Traveller Update for more information. https://www.visitcalgary.com/covid-19-traveller-update