The CPA’s 2020 Annual National Convention is taking place in Montréal, QC, from May 28-30, 2020 with pre-convention Professional Development workshops on May 27th.
Themed “Psychology in Action” and organized around the CPA’s 32 Section subject matter areas, CPA2020 will provide many opportunities for personal and professional growth, and highlight the many ways in which the science, practice, and education of psychology can benefit society, improve lives, and advance the discipline.
- Renew your excitement about the work you do!
- Participate in the CPA’s Annual General Meeting and Section Business Meetings.
- Meet colleagues face to face.
- Access experts in the field.
- Celebrate the excellence and achievements of your peers.
- Share your research findings.
- Attend sessions in a remarkably varied program
- Network, network, network!
- Learn how your field fits into the broader landscape of Canadian psychology.
- Expand your knowledge
- Learn beyond your field or interest
- Discover what activities the CPA undertakes on behalf of the profession and discipline in Canada.
- Experience all that the City of Montréal has to offer.
Lisa Votta-Bleeker (Deputy CEO)
Ian Nicholson (Board Liaison)
Contact the Committee
The CPA’s 2020 Annual National Convention will take place at Le Westin Montréal. With over 48,000 square feet of event space, the CPA’s Scientific Program will take place on numerous floors. See below for floor plans.
Good to Know
Canadian currency is the Canadian dollar, which is divided into 100 cents. There are 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills. Smaller coins are 5, 10, and 25 cent pieces as well as of 1 and 2 dollars. Banking and credit cards are also welcome almost everywhere.
There are two applicable taxes in Québec: a federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 5% and a Québec provincial tax (TVQ) of 9.975%. A 3.5% accommodation tax is also in effect in Montréal.
It is customary to tip restaurant waiters, taxi drivers and hairdressers 15% of the bill, before taxes. Bellhops, porters, doormen, etc. generally receive at least $2 per suitcase or per service rendered. Coffee and food counters often have a tip cup next to the cash register; spare change is always appreciated.
You can’t turn right on a red light on the island of Montréal.
In case of emergency: 911
Québec Poison Control Centre: 1 800 463-5060