We are currently looking for full-time, part-time and contract Psychologists across the Lower Mainland
If you are passionate about providing care and treatment services for adults with mental health disorders who are in conflict with the law then one of these roles may be for you! Role dependent, as the successful candidate, you will:
- Conduct psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments for individuals ordered by the Court, certified under the Mental Health Act, or found unfit to stand trial or not criminally responsible on account of a mental disorder under the Criminal Code of Canada;
- Testify as an expert forensic witness in the Courts or the BC Review Board in support of psychological assessments and treatment interventions, progress and outcomes;
- Conduct court ordered presentencing assessments;
- Provide evidence-based and trauma informed psychological interventions for clients with complex forensic psychiatric presentations.
- Practicing clinical registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia, or obtained within 18 months of hire date.
- Minimum one (1) year of direct clinical experience performing diagnostic assessment and treatment of adults in a forensic mental health setting including risk assessment, cognitive behavioral therapy or other relevant assessment and treatment modalities.
For more information and full job descriptions about these exciting opportunities, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca/bcmh