Convention Events and Fairs
As the program evolves, we will have more news to share, check back often for updates
New at CPA2023! CPA Workshop on Negotiating an Employment Offer AND Job Fair – Sunday June 25th
The CPA is pleased to host its 1st ever in-person Job Fair!
As a CPA CONVENTION DELEGATE you will have the exclusive opportunity to participate in one or both components. The morning portion of the Job Fair will be a workshop on negotiating an employment offer; the afternoon portion of the Job Fair will provide you with the opportunity to meet employers from multiple sectors, learn about various organizations and both hear about, and apply for, current and future job opportunities.
As an EMPLOYER, you can showcase all your organization has to offer and meet qualified candidates to fill current or future positions.
As a PARTICIPANT in the job fair, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the fundamentals of negotiating an employment offer
- Connect with numerous employers from across multiple sectors
- Learn about an employer, their current and future opportunities, and their desired skill sets
- Develop your networking skills and build connections in various fields
- Share your resume after the job fair
Cost to participate is free of charge for, and exclusive to, individuals registered to attend the CPA’s Annual National Convention.
To register as a Delegate, visit http://convention.cpa.ca/registration
As an EMPLOYER participant in the job fair, you will have the opportunity to:
- Increase your organization’s visibility, network with highly skilled graduates in the field of psychology, and share current and future opportunities and desired skillsets
- Meet qualified candidates and gather top resumes
- Access over 7,000 CPA members and affiliate members, students, and recent graduates through the Job Fair promotion
- Share your company website and contact info with delegates before and after the job fair
Cost to participate is $395 for the Job Fair alone or $2495 as an Exhibitor-Employer.
Click here to see Employers who have registered for the Job Fair
Residency Workshop and Fair (formerly known as the Internship Fair) – Friday June 23rd
This is an annual program (workshop followed by Fair) with seasoned presenters offering information to help you prepare a strong internship application. Attend the CCPPP Workshop at 14:00, and the move right into the Fair at 15:00.
Ask presenters specific questions about the application process and engage with training directors from various residency programs. Training directors are seated at round tables and students are encouraged to come and go to tables as they please.
The exact training programs that will be present are not typically known until shortly before the Convention. Attend the event and see if there are training directors with which you would like to speak. If not, roam the room with an open mind, sit in on tables and listen to questions, and hear about different internship settings.
Attend the fair even if you are not applying for residency/internship this year! Learning about the process early is important, and you may discover some ways to strengthen your application. It will give you an idea of what to expect when you do apply, you have an opportunity to hear the types of questions other students are asking, and you might find a site you would not have looked at otherwise!