Job Title: Psychologist
• Virtual team/program environment (primarily) and in-person clinic services (occasionally)
• Salaried and fee-for-service options (part-time and full-time)
Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS) provides comprehensive rehabilitation focused assessment and intervention for Canadian Veterans who are experiencing barriers transitioning to life after service due to service related injuries or illness. Using a bio-psycho-social-spiritual approach, the assessment and intervention services are performed by an interdisciplinary team of clinicians with expertise in the management of complex conditions such as chronic pain, persistent symptoms following head injury, MSK injuries, often with comorbid mental illness with presenting psychosocial barriers to recovery.
Are you a passionate psychologist looking to belong to a supportive, collaborative community to implement our bold vision to optimize the benefit of mental health services to diverse audiences from prevention to intervention? If so, join Lifemark Health Group and grow with us as we build provincial teams in support of our national mental health strategy.
Build a career while making a difference
You will provide quality whole-person care using your client-centered bio-psycho-social approach with both interdisciplinary rehabilitation teams (i.e., physiotherapy, kinesiology, occupational therapy, vocational rehab specialist, case coordinators) and interdisciplinary mental health teams (psychologists, psychotherapists, counsellors, social workers, occupational therapists).
You will find purpose in this role by:
• Developing new mental health program content for the unique needs of various client groups
• Leveraging novel approaches to the delivery of mental health services, including adjunct digital therapeutics
• Bringing your unique assessment competencies to a range of applications, from pre-employment suitability assessments for high-risk occupations to diagnostic assessments to guide treatment and psycho-social resource building
• Delivering individual and group treatment for conditions including anxiety, trauma, depression, somatic complaints, substance misuse, adjustment and interpersonal issues within the person’s psycho-social context
• Consulting with other mental health service team members and clinical interdisciplinary teams
• Contributing to in-house training sessions and interdisciplinary case discussions
• Contributing to program outcome evaluations at the provincial and national level
Education and licensure
• Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Psychology from an accredited university
• Current registration in good standing with the provincial College/Board of Psychologists (competency with adult populations; clinical (asset: counselling psychology, health/rehabilitation psychology, neuropsychology); Supervised Practice psychologists are welcome to apply
• Individual professional liability insurance required at time of employment
• Conducting psychological assessments with adults for various goals, including treatment planning
• Providing various evidence-based treatments grounded in cognitive-behavioral approaches
• Developing and evaluating mental health programs is considered an asset
• Working in interdisciplinary teams and with third party payers is considered an asset
• Utilizing telehealth/virtual care methods is considered an asset
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work both autonomously and as part of interdisciplinary teams
• Efficient with required clinical documentation
• Able to manage a diverse caseload within dynamic work setting
• Demonstrated work ethics, integrity, reliability, maturity, and flexibility
Visit www.lifemarkhealthgroup.ca for additional details about the company.